TODAY.com Parenting Team Parenting Contributor

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Because it's just hair!


Ok so as a busy mom I'm always looking of ways to save both time and $$$. A few weeks ago I ditched paper towls.... Last week I ditched my hair! GASP!

I'm growing it back but the maintenance had to go! If I had a bank account that held every dollar that I've spent on my HAIR over the last 20 years....choke gag I would likely have 100k in it or more sniff sniff. For 20 years I've been highlighting my hair! How STUPID is that!? 

My natural color is actually best it matches my green eyes....so by chopping I just gained so much time which is the most important and so much $$$$$. 

I seriously used to HATE sitting in salons once even twice a month for hours inhaling toxic fumes. Going natural is so much better for your health! 

The first hairdresser that I went to refused to do it! Ha! I grew out about 2 inches then had it chopped. It's actually growing back at a rapid pace so I'm good...it will be back in NO time! It took balls but being a parent takes balls so......

Here is a photo of hair phase one (sans makeup 😜) This was me and my E.G. mom friend @ URI Master Gardner class last week..I was telling jokes about my hair situation..she was cracking up! She is a great human being and fellow mom! We don't stop laughing! 😂🤣😂🤣

I guess when you go through a near death experience...as I did with Lyme Disease...your not willing to spend one second of time...or one dollar on nonsense! ❤ 
I will still have fun with my hair when it comes back.  I love getting occasional fancy cuts. 😘 







No comments:

Post a Comment