TODAY.com Parenting Team Parenting Contributor

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Free Family Holiday Photos...well sort of!

Omg ya'll its that time of year again! Have you taken your holiday photos yet!? Let me share with you the best trick ever but SSHHHHH it's a secret! So about 6 months ago I ordered this little remote photo taking gizmo off Amazon! People you all NEED one! It was about $15.00 and it has paid for itself 10x over! It is height adjustable which is nice too! We take all our own family photos now. The remote pairs right up to your cell phone and voila! Our model is called a GRANDO and we highly recommend it! In addition to taking our own photos our favorite app hands down for phone editing is Facetune, it's seriously awesome! It's extremely easy to use and allows you to add those great finishing touches to your photos.




I don't know about you but there is nothing WORSE than taking my kids to a professional photographer! It stresses me out to no end.... usually someone is mad because they don't want to go or we are missing a soccer game...this one is hungry this one has to pee and then I always look crazy trying to convince my kids to smile...can I get a big NO THANK YOU!?

We recently took these beautiful family photos with our little collapsible selfie stick with tripod and fancy ring remote! We havent had to charge the remote once btw...the charge has lasted since our first use.


What I do is I casually put outfits aside and then I wait for the perfect day..... I wait for nice weather.... and a morning where we wake up and noone has the sniffles everyone is happy then I go for it. I can't tell you how many times we have had to cancel with photographers because the perfect storm is not aligned!

We also got sick and tired of photographers charging crazy money for family 'mini' sessions because there is nothing 'mini' about the prices! Then if you don't get your 'shot' within your 15 min time frame, oh well! Side note.... you can increase your odds of your kids cooperating by offering rewards to be given after your photos....whatever that may be! It could be a favorite show or favorite ice cream...whatever! Totally worth it!

I applaud and respect talented photographers and they are needed in many situations. Someday when my kids get married I will hire one again and pay them lots of money!

Until my kids are grown....the selfie stick tripod with remote WINS all day and all night and guess what our holiday photo cost us.... ZERO! The best part is if you don't score a photo who cares try again! No pressure! Don't let these precious present moments pass you by! Fire up this amazing contraption! The below summer photo was also taken with our GRANDO friend! This would also work perfectly as well for office photos and any other group photo needs! 😘😊📸

Important note! Before you go full throttle take 1 test picture to test the lighting with your partner or child in it.... if the lighting is good then proceed. If you have bad lighting then move around until you do. When shooting outdoors partial shade like a porch or overhang is always best...you never want direct sunlight. If shooting indoors you always want to station your subjects IN FRONT of a window as that's where the best lighting is...just set up your GRANDO next to the window shooting towards you. You want the sunrays and light bouncing off your face not your back. 😘😘😎😁


No comments:

Post a Comment